Friday, September 4, 2009

It begins...

So right now I'm sitting at a camp ground in Falmouth, MA. Falmouth is in the Southwest corner of Cape Cod. Today has been a great day. I slept in late, then rode my bike to First Encounter beach in Eastham. First Encounter is on the bay side, and was way quieter than the other beaches, but really nice. After finishing the ride I went to the Natural History Museum, and then took the "scenic" drive to the town of Sandwich. First off, the museum was amazing! It was small, but they had all sorts of cool sea life to look at up close. The scenic drive was a little ridiculous because it was so grown in with trees you couldn't see anything and it was windy and downright scary. But it was worth it just to drive through Sandwich. This shows just how immature I am but everything was cracking me up. Especially the Sandwich Cemetary. Figured that was for those sandwich flavors that never quite took off...or maybe for the sandwiches that were made but dropped on the ground before anyone had a chance to eat them. Ok yea I told ya'll I was immature!

From Sandwich I drove down to Falmouth (which the immature side of me calls foul mouth) and to the campsite. It's pretty nice here...though by far the smallest camp site I've ever seen! It's a good thing I wasn't planning on lighting a fire because there's no way I can fit my car, my tent, and a fire in the fire pit without risking lighting my tent on fire! Tomorrow I'm planning to take a ferry to Martha's Vineyard, though I haven't quite worked out the details yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment